Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bored? Not me!


This morning I was bored. B-O-R-E-D. With 3 kids, people will wonder, how? But it's more of a stuck-in-a-rut boredom. Don't-know-what-to-do-differently-today boredom. I'm using a lot of hyphens, aren't I? Anyway, so, I'm sitting on the couch in my pajamas refereeing my argumentative children. And I reach out to a friend by text and mention I'm "bored". Bad move #1. Jinxed. A few minutes later, I decide cleaning the bathrooms would keep me busy til at least 10, 10:30. So I grab the cleaning stuff and head to the nearest potty. Bathroom #1, done. Then on to bathroom #2. Finished. Kids are ok, I'll head upstairs to the boy's bathroom. Bad move #2. As I'm scrubbing the nastiest place in the house (really), I hear from child #2, "Mooooom, Kansas has poopie!" And I think, ok, I'll change her in a minute. A few seconds later as I'm still scrubbing away, I hear child #2 again- "Moooom, Kansas peed on the floor!" And this stops me dead in my tracks. If she has peed on the floor that means the aforementioned "poopie" diaper is not on her behind. Oh, Lord. So I drop everything and run downstairs as child #1 is begging me to take him to some bounce house place that he just HAS to go to, now. I think the look I gave him on the way downstairs said it all. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, there she is. Child #3, standing in her own pee puddle, triumphantly holding- A DIAPER FULL OF POOP. Yay, mom's head exploded. I pick her up, sidestep the puddle, tell child #2 not to go anywhere near it and he says, "She already stepped all in it" as I see little wet footprints all over the floor. I make it over to the diaper cache and see it. A skidmark down the front of my couch. My couch! A full grown women, crying, holding a stinky diaper and a urine-soaked baby, is not a pretty sight. As child #2 and 3 will, I'm sure, gladly mention on Oprah one day.
Did I mention I am no longer bored?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to sit on the sofa when I come over.