Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 23

My recovery is slow, but progressing. Just when I think I'm not really
getting better anymore, I look back to the week before. A week ago
this past Wednesday, I tried to make dinner for the first time since
my surgery. It was very difficult. I had to sit down every 5 minutes
or so, because my back hurt pretty bad and I would just get too tired
to stand any longer. Then this Wednesday, I was able to make dinner
with no problems. Today (Friday), I was able to do several loads of
laundry, dishes, mop and pick up around the house. So, I guess that's
quite a bit of progress, even if I'm still not standing completely
upright yet. I actually might have overdone it a little today. My
right side is aching and my neck is hurting, probably from the
terrible posture. Shoulders slumped over and my neck sticking out. I
probably look a bit like a turtle. Or a 90 year old lady. But at least
my stomach looks 20!!!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: