Tuesday, Feb.1...couple of inches of ice shuts down North Texas schools for FOUR days!! Unprecedented!
Friday, Feb. 4...fourth day of school closures. 3 inches of snow falls overnight. Record cold temps continue! Lows and highs in teens. Doesn't get above freezing between Feb.1 and Feb. 5.
Friday, Feb. 4...fourth day of school closures. 3 inches of snow falls overnight. Record cold temps continue! Lows and highs in teens. Doesn't get above freezing between Feb.1 and Feb. 5.
Monday Feb.14...Jonah comes down with sinus infection and misses school.
Wednesday Feb.16... Dad (Grampy) has surgery this evening to remove the rest of his toes on his right foot. Too much infection for too long from previous surgery to remove 2 toes several months ago.
Thursday Feb.17...Kansas and I visit Grampy in hospital. He's not doing too well with the whole thing.
Friday Feb.18- CISD earlier in week suddenly announces teachers have to watch a movie during school hours on this day (WHAT?) and that they will have early release at 12:30 for elementary. I'm sorry, didn't we just miss FIVE days of school??
Saturday, Feb.19...Ben wakes up with 102 fever on the first day of soccer season and last day of basketball season! I'm thinking sinus infection like his brother earlier that week, so despite his fever, I give in and let him play. Says he feels fine. He even scored a goal in his soccer game, but I was concerned and kept pulling him out. Decide to go straight to clinic after game. Amazingly enough, the poor kid has flu AND strep!! Type B and we even got our vaccinations! They said it was the first they'd seen of that strain. Lucky us. So Ben has a fever all of Saturday, but never complains or acts sick at all. Just seemed tired. Fever goes away early Sunday, but I keep him home Monday just to be sure.
Sunday, Feb. 20...Kansas comes down with fever Sunday night.
Monday, Feb.21...take Kansas to doctor first thing Monday morning...TYPE A flu!! WHAT?? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?? Again, though, doesn't act very sick, but has fever for about 2 and half days. Both cases were mild. Guess shot helped somewhat.
Friday, Feb.25...good news finally! Todd gets bonus today!
Remaining 3 days of February are mercifully uneventful...and warm!
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment