to be seen. The only thing not fun about today is that my husband's
Grandma is very near death and we've been at her side most of the
afternoon. I've only been this close to someone that's dying once
before and that was with my mom. But I didn't really get it then. I
was too scared and in denial to absorb all that was happening. But
it's different this time. She is in her late 80's and has been ill for
about 2 months. And she has made it clear she is ready to go. She'd
already lost her husband and one of her children. She is unconscious
as far as we can tell and is on morphine, so she doesn't appear to be
in any pain. She seems peaceful despite the struggle to breathe. Her
family is with her, holding her hand and stroking her hair, telling
her it's okay to go now. As weird as that seems, my faith tells me
she's about to have a seriously great adventure. I do have doubts
about what exactly happens after we die, but I am hanging on to the
belief that there's a heaven and we get to reunite with our loved
ones. Not to mention meet Jesus. So, I hope Grandma's ready for some
fun. Absent from the body, present with the Lord.
Sent from my iPhone
1 comment:
Hey, so glad we could all see her yesterday. It was a strange, sad and sweet moment all at the same time. I tagged you in my blog if you want to do it? :)
Post a Comment