Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Can't drive 55?
Me either...until now. About 2 weeks ago, I was driving down Highway 360 to a friend's house and it suddenly hit me that maybe I should SLOW DOWN and try to save some gas (money) like those crazy Hypermilers you see on the news. And contrary to my belief that faster is better, I actually enjoyed driving 60 or 65 instead of 70, or 75 (who am I kidding- or 80). It was very calming on the nerves to have cars screaming past me at 90 and flipping me off for trying to go green. I just smiled and waved and chilled. But truly, it was a nicer drive not to have to worry about which lane was moving faster or how to negotiate a lane change at 75 miles an hour. And you know what? I have already upped my mileage- from 18.3 mpg to a whopping 18.8 mpg (no, I didn't figure that myself, my car does it for me.) So, you see, it works. Kind of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment