"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein
I'm bummed out on life today. Two toddlers drowned in my town yesterday and it just upset me to the core. Apparently no one's fault in particular, they just slipped outside unnoticed and the dad found them in the pool. So sad. As I was driving my kids over to their Nana's today for a visit, I just took in their laughter from the back seat as much as I could. Almost trying to burn it into my brain. But that made me sad, too, because those parents lost both their kids, and I don't want to even imagine their pain.
Then I see a handicapped man in a wheelchair in the heat trying to cross a busy street by himself and I got more depressed. And as I looked around while heading home, I just noticed all the down and out people around me. And told myself, all I can do is just raise me kids the very best I can and provide a foundation for them so they don''t end up like those I saw. But then that just doesn't seem like enough. What else can I do to help the world? It's so overwhelming, where do you start?? Will the poor always be among us? Is that an excuse not to help? All I can say is- Jesus come quickly! Save us from ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment